Thursday, May 14, 2020

I ran, I ran, I ran so far away: From Atlanta with love!

I lived in Atlanta for exactly 5 years but it was only during my last year there that I got to see the real city. Partly because I was busy with school and research but also because I was not really going out in the city. In my last year in Atlanta, thanks to my running habit, it changed dramatically. Every week I design a running path which would start from my home in west midtown and would go through different neighborhoods and would end in a cafĂ© or restaurant where I was meeting my friends for brunch. This became my ritual, my version of Sunday worship and prayer. I was ;leaving my house at 7 am on Sunday and depending on how far I would run, after few hours I would end up meeting my friends at a nice restaurant for food. I was spending the rest of my Sundays to recover.
Through these Sunday runs, I saw many neighborhoods around downtown, midtown, and Buckhead. I even once ran to the Chattahoochee river that is notorious for disposing corpses. The runs ranged from 10 to 20 miles. At some point toward the I started mapping my runs on the Google map and saving them by date every week. I have a collection of 12 runs from Atlanta on my computer:

No comments: